1/1 Photo of Bring the Heat Chilled Summer Soup
2 hrs 30 mins
Wanting something a bit spicy to accompany penne afredo for a summer dinner, I came up with this flavor packed soup. I made it entirely with assorted vegetables from my freezer and 2 cans of diced tomatoes I had on hand, but fresh veggies from the garden would be even more delicious!
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used a mix of green, red, yellow and orange( 1/2 each)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mrs dash's extra spicy seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon mrs dash's italian medley seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon johnny's seasoning salt
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1In stockpot at medium high heat, combine all vegetables and drizzle with oil.
- 2As vegetables being to warm, sprinkle with seasonings and stir to combine.
- 3Bring to simmer, adding as much water as seems appropriate to keep vegetables from sticking (mixture should NOT be soup-y).
- 4Let simmer for ~10 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat and let mixture cool somewhat.
- 6Process in small batches in food processor or blender to desired consistency-- I left mine a bit chunky since I liked seeing all the colors.
- 7Let cool to room temperature to serve, or chill for 90+minutes. Stir before serving.
- 9Note: Cooking time includes the chilling time; actual cooking time is under 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bring the Heat Chilled Summer Soup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 54.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
spicy seasoning mix