Recipe by farrangel
Wanting something a bit spicy to accompany penne afredo for a summer dinner, I came up with this flavor packed soup. I made it entirely with assorted vegetables from my freezer and 2 cans of diced tomatoes I had on hand, but fresh veggies from the garden would be even more delicious!
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, 1/4 inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 bell peppers, diced (I used a mix of green, red, yellow and orange( 1/2 each)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mrs dash's extra spicy seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon mrs dash's italian medley seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon johnny's seasoning salt
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In stockpot at medium high heat, combine all vegetables and drizzle with oil.
- As vegetables being to warm, sprinkle with seasonings and stir to combine.
- Bring to simmer, adding as much water as seems appropriate to keep vegetables from sticking (mixture should NOT be soup-y).
- Let simmer for ~10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let mixture cool somewhat.
- Process in small batches in food processor or blender to desired consistency-- I left mine a bit chunky since I liked seeing all the colors.
- Let cool to room temperature to serve, or chill for 90+minutes. Stir before serving.
- Note: Cooking time includes the chilling time; actual cooking time is under 30 minutes.