Recipe by Rita~
OK just the Brain Food here! This is a take off of my Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic using a different method to keep it looking like a brain for Halloween. Do take note all microwaves cook differently so take care when roasting not to over do. Oh by the way cauliflower is Brain food! A recent study done by McLean Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, suggests that taking a minimum of 500mg of citicoline supplements a day can help boost mental energy and efficacy. Citicoline, a natural substance found in all living cells, can also be ingested via cauliflower—a source of choline, which is converted to citicoline in the brain!
Top Review by Lalaloula
This was sooooooo great! It was easy to prepare and had great taste! The cauliflower was soft on the inside with a crunchy crust and the garlic and rosemary added a superb flavour! I had to use dried rosemary, but still it was very fragrant. Mmmm!
The presentation was stunning and I think the cheesy version would be gruesome for Halloween. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this easy, healthy, tasty and special recipe with us, Rita!
Made and reviewed for our VIP during Veggie Swap #29 December 2010.
- 1 large cauliflower
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
For Cheesy Brains
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash cauliflower and remove core and leaves keeping the head intact.
- Place cauliflower stem side down in a oven/microwavable dish with one cup water and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together, pour over head.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Baste with the water and dripping from pan. If all evaporated add more.
- Raise to 425 degrees and roast for 30 minutes; or till desired tenderness but keeping the head whole.
- Optional Cheesy Brains:.
- Sprinkle head last 10 minutes with cheese.
- Serve whole with roasted garlic.
- Now lets get into the brains!
- For a great presentation place in a plastic skull head.