Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
OK just the Brain Food here! This is a take off of my Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic using a different method to keep it looking like a brain for Halloween. Do take note all microwaves cook differently so take care when roasting not to over do. Oh by the way cauliflower is Brain food! A recent study done by McLean Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, suggests that taking a minimum of 500mg of citicoline supplements a day can help boost mental energy and efficacy. Citicoline, a natural substance found in all living cells, can also be ingested via cauliflower—a source of choline, which is converted to citicoline in the brain!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash cauliflower and remove core and leaves keeping the head intact.
- Place cauliflower stem side down in a oven/microwavable dish with one cup water and microwave for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together, pour over head.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Baste with the water and dripping from pan. If all evaporated add more.
- Raise to 425 degrees and roast for 30 minutes; or till desired tenderness but keeping the head whole.
- Optional Cheesy Brains:.
- Sprinkle head last 10 minutes with cheese.
- Serve whole with roasted garlic.
- Now lets get into the brains!
- For a great presentation place in a plastic skull head.
This was sooooooo great! It was easy to prepare and had great taste! The cauliflower was soft on the inside with a crunchy crust and the garlic and rosemary added a superb flavour! I had to use dried rosemary, but still it was very fragrant. Mmmm!
The presentation was stunning and I think the cheesy version would be gruesome for Halloween. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this easy, healthy, tasty and special recipe with us, Rita!
Made and reviewed for our VIP during Veggie Swap #29 December 2010.