1/4 Photos of Bring Me Your Head on a Platter! Cauliflower
1 hr 15 mins
OK just the Brain Food here! This is a take off of my Roasted Cauliflower & 16 Roasted Cloves of Garlic using a different method to keep it looking like a brain for Halloween. Do take note all microwaves cook differently so take care when roasting not to over do. Oh by the way cauliflower is Brain food! A recent study done by McLean Hospital, an affiliate of Harvard Medical School, suggests that taking a minimum of 500mg of citicoline supplements a day can help boost mental energy and efficacy. Citicoline, a natural substance found in all living cells, can also be ingested via cauliflower—a source of choline, which is converted to citicoline in the brain!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large cauliflower
- 16 garlic cloves, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For Cheesy Brains
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash cauliflower and remove core and leaves keeping the head intact.
- 3Place cauliflower stem side down in a oven/microwavable dish with one cup water and microwave for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile mix oil, rosemary, salt, pepper and garlic together, pour over head.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Baste with the water and dripping from pan. If all evaporated add more.
- 6Raise to 425 degrees and roast for 30 minutes; or till desired tenderness but keeping the head whole.
- 7Optional Cheesy Brains:.
- 8Sprinkle head last 10 minutes with cheese.
- 9Serve whole with roasted garlic.
- 10Now lets get into the brains!
- 11For a great presentation place in a plastic skull head.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bring Me Your Head on a Platter! Cauliflower
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 431.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g