Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is taken from Cook's Country Magazine in response to a request for tomato recipes. Be sure to drain the bacon on paper towels after it is cooked to keep any extra bacon fat from diluting the dressing once the salad is mixed. As always this recipe can be made with regular, cherry, or grape tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb tomatoes, cored and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 avocado, ripe but still firm, diced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves seperated but left whole
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, milk, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in small bowl.
- Place tomatoes, avocado, and bacon in large bowl. Add dressing and toss until evenly coated. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Line serving bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with salad.
We are trying to have salad every day with our meal in a move to be a bit healthier and this salad and it's dressing was a nice change from my usual mixtures with their olive oil based dressings. I used roma tomatoes cut into chunks but will use Cherry tomatoes next time as they simply have more flavour. I did use one whole clove of garlic instead of the half suggested, what can I say, we are garlic fanatics LOL. Please see my rating system, a great recipe that DH liked (ok, in moderation) even though he isn't a fan of yogurt and mayo.. and he liked it enough that I will make it again. Thanks Charbear for a lovely recipe :)