Recipe by yamma
Of all the "bring a dish" meals we have with friends this one is the most requested on that I make. It's easy to make and tastes so good. I have even made it using all lite or no fat ingredients and it still turns out great.
Top Review by Miss Annie
This recipe made a very nice dinner-in-a-hurry. I actually had some pre-cooked chicken in the freezer, so I omitted step #1. I followed the recipe exactly after that, and we were rewarded with a flavorful, lovely casserole. The next time I make this, I will add some breadcrumbs or potato chip crumbs or fried onions as a topping for added visual appeal. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups grated mild cheddar cheese or 2 cups colby cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in enough water to cover, add bouillon cubes, cover and cook until chicken is tender Remove chicken from broth and set aside to cool a little.
- Pour the frozen broccoli into the liquid that was used to cook the chicken.
- Cover and cook about 5 min-do not overcook.
- While broccoli is cooking, chop chicken into bite size pieces.
- Mix together soup, mayo and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Drain broccoli and and spread in 9x13 baking dish that has been sprayed with pam Evenly spread chicken pieces over broccoli.
- Pour soup, mayo and cheese mixture over all.
- Top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let set for 5 minutes before serving.