Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Cuisine at Home. The turkey is well seasoned and moist. I used the insert for my crock pot to brine the turkey. It was the perfect size. The breast should be done in approximately 2 hours. The time given does allow for brining for 2 hours and 2 hours cooking time.
- Stir the kosher salt and brown sugar into hot water until dissolved.
- Mix in apple juice and ice.
- Place the turkey breast in a 2 gallon resalable plastic bag; pour the brine over, seal and place in refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and roast the turkey breast side up on a rack over a shallow roasting pan.
- After the first hour begin basting the breast with the maple-butter glaze.
- Baste every 15 minutes until the temperature of the breast reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove from the oven, tent with foil and allow to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing.