13 hrs 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lower in fat then most, since there is much less butter and you get a tasty, juicy bird without basting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 rock cornish game hens
- 1Heat all brine ingredients until simmering then remove from heat.
- 2After brine has cooled, add two cleaned game hens, then place in refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- 3After brining, rinse birds well.
- 4Sauté butter, onion, celery seed and sage until onion is nearly translucent.
- 5Stir in breadcrumbs and let cool slightly.
- 6Stuff the game hens and lay them on their backs in a roasting pan.
- 7Roast at 350 degrees for one hour or until juice runs clear when hen is pricked.
- 8If darker skin is desired, cook bird at 500 degrees for final ten minutes.
- 9Most people can only eat a half of a game bird at a sitting, so you can cut the birds in half before serving.
- 10NOTE: If you use table salt instead of Kosher salt, USE HALF AS MUCH, as table salt is MUCH saltier, and your bird will be inedible.
- 11Any kind of heavy bread will do, we use Ezekiel bread in our household, as we are allergic to wheat flour.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Stuffed Game Hens
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 852.3
- Calories from Fat 533
- Total Fat 59.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 367.2 mg
- Sodium 14519.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 60.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: