I have recently started brining for all types of meats. It really does keep the meat juicy and tender, no more dried out meats for me. This may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it comes together quickly and easily and is well worth the effort! I have also used sourdough bread in place of the cornbread with equally good results. If you do not have access to the grill, these can be browned, then finished in the oven to an internal temp of 145 degrees. This is adapted from The Neelys on The Food Network. Prep time does not include brining time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 quarts water
- 4 pork chops, bone-in rib loin chops, split to bone (2-inch thick)
- 2 slices thick bacon
- 2 stalks celery, minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage leaf
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 1/2 cups crumbled cornbread
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Whisk salt and sugars in 2-quarts of cold water. Add pork chops and cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the pork chops from the brine and dry well.
- 2In a large heavy saute pan, begin to fry bacon. Add celery, onion and garlic to pan and allow to saute with the crispy bacon. Add rosemary, sage and parsley after bacon has cooked for 8 to 10 minutes. Saute until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3In a large bowl add cornbread, dried cranberries and chicken stock. Stir in the cooked vegetable mixture. Mix well.
- 4Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Stuff the chop with about 1/2 cup of stuffing. Use toothpicks to help seal the chops. Grill the chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Internal temperature should be 145 degrees F. Allow chop to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined, Stuffed and Grilled Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 14432.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: