Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw this in the Sept. Better Homes issue and it looked beautiful! It tastes even better.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Brussels sprouts (cut small x in stem)
- 8 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In large bowl stir together water& kosher salt.
- Add brussels sprouts to salt mixture, weigh sprouts down with plate to make sure they are completely submerged~ let stand 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain sprouts; do not rinse.
- In large heavy skillet (cast iron) or roasting pan toss sprouts with olive oil and roast, uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat mustard seeds over med heat until seeds are lightly toasted; remove and crust slightly.
- Add seeds, sea salt and crushed pepper to the roasted sprouts~ toss well and serve!