1/4 Photos of Brined Roasted Chicken - 500 Degrees
3 hrs 45 mins
Crispy and tender. I count soak time as passive cooking time, and do most of the prep while chicken is soaking.
My Private Note
baked c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thoroughly dissolve sugar and salt into water.
- 2Soak chicken in brine for 1-3 hours (in refrigerator).
- 3Mix softened (room temperature) butter with herbs while chicken is in brine.
- 4Thoroughly rinse chicken and allow to drain, pat dry.
- 5Cut backbone out of chicken and flatten bird.
- 6Spray bottom part of broiler pan with vegetable oil.
- 7Scrub potatoes and cut into small bite sized pieces.
- 8Place potatoes in pan.
- 9Place flattened bird in top part of broiler pan, over potatoes.
- 10Loosen skin from flesh.
- 11Place herb butter between skin and flesh.
- 12Bake in hot oven (500 degrees) for 45 minutes to an hour. (or more, if potatoes are not browned).
- 13Serve with cooked spinach and hot crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Roasted Chicken - 500 Degrees
Serving Size: 1 (1044 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 727.3
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.6 mg
- Sodium 9663.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g