This recipe came from David Rosengarten TV series. It makes a moist and tasty lovely roast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place in a saucepot the water, salt, sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- 2Add in the cloves cinnamon stick, peppercorns and crushed garlic, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and cool completely.
- 4Plunge in your roast of pork and marinate in fridge overnight.
- 5Next day remove from the brine and dry completely.
- 6Place in roasting pan and cover with the strips of bacon, salt and pepper.
- 7DO NOT COVER and roast slowly at 250 to 275°F but no less than 250°F, to the internal temperature of 140°F.
- 8Remove and allow to rest before serving.
- 9Make a brown gravy with the drippings.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Pork Roast 1981
Serving Size: 1 (416 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 7.7 mg
- Sodium 4816.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: