Prep 24 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe came from David Rosengarten TV series. It makes a moist and tasty lovely roast.
- 8 cups cold water
- 1⁄4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons white peppercorns
- 2 smashed garlic cloves
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 pork roast
- Place in a saucepot the water, salt, sugar and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add in the cloves cinnamon stick, peppercorns and crushed garlic, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Plunge in your roast of pork and marinate in fridge overnight.
- Next day remove from the brine and dry completely.
- Place in roasting pan and cover with the strips of bacon, salt and pepper.
- DO NOT COVER and roast slowly at 250 to 275°F but no less than 250°F, to the internal temperature of 140°F.
- Remove and allow to rest before serving.
- Make a brown gravy with the drippings.