3 hrs 20 mins
Since everyone seems to be doing the brining thing, I thought you all might like this roast. I got the recipe several years ago on the FoodTV network - can't remember which show. The low temp isn't a typo - it cooks at 250 degrees. The flavor and taste are exceptional. Great for a Sunday dinner with garlic mashed potatoes and Sauerkraut with Apples #53036 - this recipe came from the same show. Hope you enjoy - it's a favorite of ours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups water
- 1/4 cup coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 7 rib pork loin roast (or whatever size your family needs)
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- 6 -8 slices bacon (enough slices to cover the top of roast)
- 1Bring water, salt and sugar to boil.
- 2Add bay leaves, cloves, cinnamon stick, peppercorns and garlic.
- 3Simmer 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and let cool to room temp.
- 5Pour over pork roast and marinate a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- 7Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees.
- 8Season meat with salt and pepper.
- 9Place in a roasting pan with meat side down.
- 10Drape bacon slices over the roast so the top and sides are covered with the bacon.
- 11Bake in pre-heated oven until internal temperature of the meat is 140 degrees.
- 12(Approx. 2 hours+ depending on roast size.) Let roast rest about 20 minutes before slicing.
- 13I've found it easiest to cut with an electric knife with the meat down and ribs up- slicing between the rib bones.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Pork Loin Roast
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 7187.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork loin roast