Recipe by Ann60
These chops are so tender and tasty. I make them in a 9 x 13 stone pan and the potatoes come out carmelized. Delicious!
- 1⁄3 cup salt
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups cold water
- potato, sliced (as many as you'd like)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 -8 pork chops
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, sugar, peppercorns, mustard and vinegar in saucepan. Heat just to boiling. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Add cold water. Pour into large bowl or container.
- When cool enough, add pork chops, making sure they are submerged in brine. Marinate at least 2 hours.
- Remove chops from brine.
- Bread chops, if desired, or season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika to taste.
- Fry chops until browned.
- Peel and slice as many potatoes a you'd like and place in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Chop an onion and add to potatoes.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Place chops on top of potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.