2 hrs 45 mins
These chops are so tender and tasty. I make them in a 9 x 13 stone pan and the potatoes come out carmelized. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix salt, sugar, peppercorns, mustard and vinegar in saucepan. Heat just to boiling. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. Add cold water. Pour into large bowl or container.
- 2When cool enough, add pork chops, making sure they are submerged in brine. Marinate at least 2 hours.
- 3Remove chops from brine.
- 4Bread chops, if desired, or season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika to taste.
- 5Fry chops until browned.
- 6Peel and slice as many potatoes a you'd like and place in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- 7Chop an onion and add to potatoes.
- 8Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Place chops on top of potatoes.
- 9Cover and bake at 325 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brined Pork Chops and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.6
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 6366.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 24.9 g