Prep 15 mins
Cook 28 mins
this brine works well with chicken too prep time does not reflect overnight brining.
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 6 bone in pork chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salsa, of your choice
- bring 2 c water to a boil.
- add sugar and salt and stir to dissolve.
- add chili powder and remaining water.
- remove from heat and cool.
- in a large bowl add pork chops and brine.
- refrigerate 6 hours or overnight.
- remove chops from brine pat dry.
- brush with olive oil, season with pepper,.
- grill about 12-14 minutes per side until chops are done, or a thrmometer reads 160 degrees serve with salsa.
Delicious! Followed your instructions to the letter (except did not serve with salsa) and they came out moist and flavorful.
So easy to prepare. Excellent flavour. I don't have a grill, so I used the broiler in my oven. Worked great!
It's so often little things like this that make the difference. Like the difference between dry, chewy, unappealing pork and moist, delicious, unbelievably tender pork. Only change I made was subbing "Rooster" sauce for the chili powder, and dredging in flour before frying. Everybody stuffed themselves.