Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 10 mins
This is the FIRST brined anything I have made. Boy, was I surprised with the results. It was the juiciest chicken ever! I was quite impressed and can't wait to start brining other things! If you don't like or want the skin, discard it AFTER the cooking. The skins adds flavor and moisture to the chicken.
- Combine the water, salt, and sugar together in a large deep bowl or plastic tub.
- Stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Add the chicken and fully submerge; refrigerate for 2-4 hours to brine.
- Remove the chicken from the brine, rinse and pat dry.
- Grill chicken on direct heat for 5-7 min, turning once or twice until chicken is golden and well-marked from the grill.
- Move the chicken over to the side of the grill to indirect heat and continue to cook until juices run clear, about another 5-7 minute.