Prep 1 min
Cook 15 mins
Big Bob Gibson's BBQ Book
Make and share this Brined Chicken With White Sauce recipe from Food.com.
For the brine
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q White Sauce
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Make the Sauce: In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend well. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Brine the Chicken: In a medium bowl, combine the brine ingredients and mix well. Add the chicken breasts, making sure they are completely covered. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour. Remove the chicken breasts from the brine and wipe off the excess salt.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts on the grate directly over the heat and grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and firm to the touch. The internal temperature of the chicken breasts should be 160 degrees.
- Submerge each chicken breast into a bowl of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q White Sauce. Remove from the sauce and serve.