2 hrs 30 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
Danielle K.'s Note:
I was going through the recipes on here and I found two that I liked. So I combined them and figured I’ve give it a try for Thanksgiving this year. The two recipes that I combined are Honey Brined Herb Roasted Turkey Honey Brined Herb Roasted Turkey by Mirj and Brined and Roasted Whole Turkey Brined and Roasted Whole Turkey by Joanie Grow.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 gallon cold water
- 6 lbs whole turkey
- 4 tablespoons butter (2 1/2 softened, 1 1/2 melted)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1Remove giblets and neck from turkey.
- 2Rinse turkey with cold water.
- 3Combine salt, sugar and water in a large stockpot until completely dissolved.
- 4Place turkey in the brine until completely submerged.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- 6Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- 7Remove the turkey from the brine and pat dry with paper towel.
- 8Mix the softened butter with half of the pepper, onion powder, Garlic powder, parsley flakes, thyme, basil, sage, paprika.
- 9Place turkey on rack in roasting pan.
- 10Squeeze lemon juice into the main turkey cavity.
- 11Put the squeezed lemon halves into the cavity.
- 12Rub the seasoned butter under the skin.
- 13Brush the skin with the melted butter and rest of seasonings.
- 14Pour the 1 cup chicken broth over the pan bottom to prevent drippings from burning.
- 15Loosely cover with aluminum foil to prevent over browning, remove foil during last 45 minutes of cooking.
- 16Roast turkey, basting with poultry stock every half hour or so.
- 17Continue to roast until thermometer registers 180°F in the thigh, or 170°F in the breast.
- 18Remove turkey from the oven and allow it to cool before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brine Roasted Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.3
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 295.3 mg
- Sodium 11810.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 82.7 g