Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe per request. No name attached.
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup non-iodized salt
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 3 bay leaves, mashed but not crushed
- Combine all ingredients in a glass or non-reactive bowl.
- Filet Salmon or Trout and cut into desired pieces.
- Pour the brine into a freezer bag and add fish.
- Remove air, seal and place in the fridge, turning every so often.
- Brine for at least 8 hours, up to 24 hours.
- Remove from brine, rinse, pat dry and now you are ready to smoke.
Used this as a marinade for some catfish that we grilled a couple of weeks ago and it gave the fish a wonderful flavor! Thanks for sharing DiB's!