Recipe by It's all good
Ladies & Gents, this is a brine we use for smoking Salmon but can also be used for other types of fish/seafood.
- 5 quarts water
- 2 cups kosher salt
- 2 cups salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 dash allspice (to taste)
- 1 dash lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- 8 -10 lbs salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients well. We use a 5 gallon bucket.
- Place Salmon in the bucket, cover, and marinade overnight (no more than 24 hours).
- We smoke our Salmon with apple chips on an electric smoker set for 180-200 degrees and takes anywhere from 4-6 hours to complete the process depending on how many pounds of fish are getting smoked.
- With 15 minutes to go, you can brush with Grand Marnier (optional). ENJOY!