Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Not sickly-sweet due to the mix of yoghurt with custard which gives this great tangy taste. My son said it was the best dessert he'd had for ages!! The recipe came from the back of a carton of Ambrosia custard.
- 2 -3 bananas
- 1 cup custard, ready made
- 1 cup yoghurt, pref Greek
- 4 teaspoons unrefined sugar, heaped
- Thinly slice the bananas and share amongst fire-proof dishes.
- Mix the Greek yoghurt and custard, and spoon over the top of the bananas.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top and either use a cooks blow torch or put the dishes under the grill. Heat until the sugar carmelises.
- Serve up to your delighted family or guests!
This is a great idea - thanks for posting! (^o^)
This was delicious! I used vanilla fromage frais as that was what I had on hand and the result was great. It barely takes any preparation which is an added bonus. Thanks!
This was really good. As the blurb at the beginning says, it's not very sweet, but that's just what I liked about it. For those who like their desserts more sweet you could either add more sugar, or use vanilla yogurt (or both, if you've really got a sweet tooth). But I'll be keeping it as is. I only used one banana as my husband ate the other one!