Recipe by Joe Germuska
Depending on the tomato to corn ratio, this can almost seem like a salsa cruda more than a salad. In any case it's delicious. From Mike via Karen.
- 6 ears corn
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄3 large red onion (or 1/2 small)
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sea salt or 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 limes, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean corn, blanch three minutes in boiling water. Transfer to extremely hot grill or grill pan and grill until there are deep brown grill stripes on the corn. (Alternately, just cook the corn on the grill.) Slice corn from the cob, place in bowl.
- Cut tomatoes to a 3/8" dice, add to corn in bowl.
- Peel and dice red onion to 1/4" dice or smaller. Add to bowl.
- Remove seeds, ribs and inner membrane from jalapeno, chop very fine. Add to bowl.
- Chiffonade basil; should be about 1/2 cup after slicing. Add to bowl.
- Chop cilantro; should be a scant 1/4 cup after chopping. Add to bowl.
- Add salt, add lime juice, toss. Chill if desired, or serve immediately.