1/1 Photo of Bright Carrots
Fresh ginger root and lemon juice give a light, bright taste to the carrots. To make vegan, switch vegetable oil for the butter. Adapted from Washington Post 1997 recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 500 degrees, and put rack near bottom of oven.
- 2Cut carrots into 1/2-inch slices.
- 3Toss carrots and melted butter in a 12-by-2-inch roasting pan. Arrange the slices in the pan so they touch as little as possible. Roast 15 minutes.
- 4For the glaze: In a small bowl, combine juices, sugar, ginger, salt and cumin.
- 5Remove carrots from oven, pour the glaze over, and turn the slices over in the liquid. Roast 10 more minutes. Carrots should be easy to pierce with a sharp knife but still firm.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bright Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.5
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 396.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 1.6 g