Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
According to family lore, this is the hot fudge sauce served at Brigham's Ice Cream shops in the Boston, MA area. I don't know if it is or not, but it sure tastes like it. It's delicious & very easy to make - great for Christmas gifts.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 5 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Melt butter & chocolate over low heat in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in sugar & evaporated milk.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes until thickened, then add vanilla.
- If you're a chocoholic, you MUST give this away or have a trusted family member hide it on you.
This a good recipe. I used unsweetened powder instead of squares and the results were still great. Thank you.
WELL WELL WELL this is EXCELLENT!!!! I just saw this posted in today's ( Dec 11th 2007) new recipes and ran (really I did run) out to the kitchen to whip this up.. it is so GOOD.. hot fudge is one of my weaknesses.. this is EXCELLENT..better than excellent really.. now I can have this ANYTIME thank you CapeCodLorrie