Recipe by **Jubes**
These truffle balls are said to have originated in Brazil. They have a caramel chocolate flavor and are traditionally serves in paper or foil chocolate cups/liners. Posting this recipe for ZWT- I haven't yet tried this recipe
Top Review by Tisme
These are so decadent, just like a chocolatey caramel fudge...Wow!
So easy to make, although you must keep an eye on the condensed milk simmering........ I nearly lost it......lol
I followed the recipe as written and these turned out so yummy!
I did use buttered hands at first, but found it so much easier just using slightly wet hands. I made mine a little smaller, and got 18 truffles. I placed them in small coloured patty cases and they look so pretty!
Thanks Jubes, for a great truffle recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the condensed milk into a heavy based saucepan.
- Stir in the cocoa powder and the salt.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over a low heat. Keep the mixture at a slow simmer to prevent burning and sticking. Do not leave unattended.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring, until mixture becomes very thick and shiny and starts to pull away from the bottom and sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter and the vanilla.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using buttered hands, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the chocolate sprinkles, and place in a paper liner.
- Chill until ready to serve. Store in the refrigerator.