Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Little chocolaty things. Yum.
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (try Droste-in the red box)
- granulated sugar, to roll them in after and make them pretty
- Stir together milk, chocolate and butter over medium-low heat until you can create a ditch in the bottom of the pan when you run the spoon through the center of the mixture. It should stay apart for a second or two.
- Stir gently to keep from scorching. It should look like a thick paste.
- Let it cool off just long enough for you to be able to touch it.
- Oil your hands with vegetable oil a little so you don't make an unholy mess.
- Shape into tiny spheres and roll them in the granulated chocolate. You can also put them into tiny cupcake holders (silver ones look the best) for presentation.
These tasty things are hard to stop eating! They are great for hard-core chocoholics. A little bit messy, though.
These are heavenly. I wasnt able to get them into any shape though. It may be that I didnt let it cool enough. I ended up just putting it in a bowl and eating it over a few days. It is addictive.
Great recipe! I love the chewy texture and sweet, chocolatey taste. Plus they're low cal! I just have to be sure to stop after only a few.