Recipe by Miss Annie
If you like garlic, you will like this appetizer.Add a special touch by garnishing with fresh parsley sprigs. Prep time includes 1 hour sitting at room temperature.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I made this appetizer yesterday for a friend's visit. I liked that it was quick and easy and made for a colorful presentation. I used an 8 oz brie wheel and halved the other topping ingredients. While I really love garlic and typically add more than the amount of garlic specified when cooking with it in other recipes, I found this to be pretty garlicky with the three cloves that I used. I'm not sure that all guests enjoy such a strong taste of garlic (it was a little potent even for me), so I would scale back a bit next time. I served with pita chips and whole grain crackers. Thanks for a quick, easy appetizer!
- 1 (15 ounce) brie round
- 1 (7 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove rind from top of Brie, cutting to within 1/2 inch of outside edges.
- Place on serving plate.
- Remove 4 tomatoes and 1 Tbsp.
- oil, reserving remaining tomatoes and oil for other uses.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and garlic; stir well.
- Spoon tomato mixture over top of Brie; let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley, if desired.
- Serve with assorted crackers.