Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like garlic, you will like this appetizer.Add a special touch by garnishing with fresh parsley sprigs. Prep time includes 1 hour sitting at room temperature.
- Remove rind from top of Brie, cutting to within 1/2 inch of outside edges.
- Place on serving plate.
- Remove 4 tomatoes and 1 Tbsp.
- oil, reserving remaining tomatoes and oil for other uses.
- Combine tomatoes, oil, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and garlic; stir well.
- Spoon tomato mixture over top of Brie; let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley, if desired.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I made this appetizer yesterday for a friend's visit. I liked that it was quick and easy and made for a colorful presentation. I used an 8 oz brie wheel and halved the other topping ingredients. While I really love garlic and typically add more than the amount of garlic specified when cooking with it in other recipes, I found this to be pretty garlicky with the three cloves that I used. I'm not sure that all guests enjoy such a strong taste of garlic (it was a little potent even for me), so I would scale back a bit next time. I served with pita chips and whole grain crackers. Thanks for a quick, easy appetizer!
Wonderful recipe! I prefer this to some of the baked brie recipes - less hassle and you don't have to worry about timing. I served this at a Christmas party and it was a fresh and colorful addition to the table. I used half the amount of brie specified, which meant more topping :) mmmm I used half the amount of garlic and it was PLENTY. I may go to 2 cloves next time, especially for a social setting :) Thanks so much.