Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Gotta try this one soon... ingredient amounts are approximate.
- 16 ounces brie round
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup fresh roasted red pepper
- garlic, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Slice brie in half, horizontally.
- Layer fresh basil leaves, fresh red roasted peppers, chopped garlic, salt and pepper and a little extra virgin olive oil.
- Place second half of brie on top.
- Refrigerate before serving.
- Serve with sliced french bread.
I made this brie as an appetizer at a dinner party I was having and thought it was wonderful! The only modification I made was to used jarred roasted red peppers and they worked beautifully. I refrigerated the cheese before serving as indicated in the directions, however, I actually preferred it when it sat out for a bit when I was serving it and it became softer. I served it with French bread, pita chips, and crackers. I think it went best with the bread, as posted. My only critique is that after cutting the cheese with a cheese knife, the layers tended to fall apart rather than stay neatly together on the bread slice. With that aside, I found the dish easy to make and delicious and I would definitely make it again. Thanks!