Recipe by ~Leslie~
Roasted pears put a sweetly fresh spin on a perennial cocktail-party favourite. From Food and Drink.
Top Review by ChrisMar
I roasted the pears as directed in the recipe.Like Rita, I added some brown sugar and also some fresh ground nutmeg to the pears before roasting. Then I followed the recipe and everybody LOVED it!!! They ate every last bite! Thanks, Leslie, for a GREAT, simple appetizer!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off top rind of Brie and discard. Set Brie aside. Preheat oven to 425°F
- Peel and core pears, then slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay on a generously buttered baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn slices and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are caramelized and brown.
- Arrange pear slices overlapping in a circle overtop Brie.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for up to half a day.
- When ready to serve, heat in a preheated 350°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle with thyme and serve with slices of fresh baguette or water crackers.