Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Roasted pears put a sweetly fresh spin on a perennial cocktail-party favourite. From Food and Drink.
- Cut off top rind of Brie and discard. Set Brie aside. Preheat oven to 425°F
- Peel and core pears, then slice 1/4 inch thick.
- Lay on a generously buttered baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Turn slices and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until edges are caramelized and brown.
- Arrange pear slices overlapping in a circle overtop Brie.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, for up to half a day.
- When ready to serve, heat in a preheated 350°F oven 10 to 12 minutes or until softened.
- Sprinkle with thyme and serve with slices of fresh baguette or water crackers.
I roasted the pears as directed in the recipe.Like Rita, I added some brown sugar and also some fresh ground nutmeg to the pears before roasting. Then I followed the recipe and everybody LOVED it!!! They ate every last bite! Thanks, Leslie, for a GREAT, simple appetizer!!
I sauteed the pears in a pan with butter then topped the brie with a touch of brown sugar. To die for! Merci. Made for ZWT5
Delicious! So easy as well. I was going to leave the thyme off but glad i didn't, found some lemon thyme in the garden and it really gave a wonderful extra aroma..even more than flavor, so my suggestion is definitely use fresh thyme.