1/1 Photo of Brie With Pear and Chocolate Wine Sauce
Corrinne J's Note:
This will surely impress Mom this Sunday! A sweet and savory snack or great during Brunch, the creamy baby brie and sweet chocolate will create a one of a kind special day!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 40 slices
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) package alouette baby brie cheese, Original
- 4 tablespoons almonds, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 ripe pears, peeled and finely diced
- 1Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 2Combine wine and sugar in a non-reactive saucepan and reduce over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in the chocolate to blend and set aside.
- 4Brush bread slices with olive oil and broil until golden brown on both sides. Cool.
- 5Cut wheel of Alouette Baby Brie into 4 quarters. Cut each quarter into 10 slices. Lay slices on a chilled plate.
- 6In a small skillet, over medium heat, toss the chopped almonds until golden brown.
- 7Remove from heat, add allspice and blend. Set aside to cool.
- 8Peel and finely dice pears.
- 10Place the French bread slices on a cookie sheet. Spread a ½ teaspoon of the chocolate wine sauce on each slice.
- 11Divide the minced pear equally among the slices.
- 12Lay a slice of Alouette Baby Brie on top of each “crouton” and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- 13Heat in oven for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie With Pear and Chocolate Wine Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.8
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.7 mg
- Sodium 261.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: