Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
A friend made this recently for a meeting we had and it was Delicious! I didn't realize there was Brie in it until she gave me the recipe...but it was definitely the "IT" ingredient that made the dish. So rich & yummy!! I haven't made it myself yet, but I wanted to make sure I didn't lose track of this one!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs linguine
- 12 -16 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed, torn into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- fresh parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients except pasta in a large bowl and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cook pasta, drain, and mix with sauce.
- Serve with fresh parmesan if desired.
Rich and Creamy! I love that this is a no cook sauce and I can't wait until summer when I'll have homegrown tomatoes. The Brie melts from the heat of the linguine to make a smooth sauce. While the sauce is marinating you can make a green salad and garlic bread and still have time to browse through zaar! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe Meredith.
DEEEE-licious! I changed it up just a bit by lowering the amount of oil, upping the garlic, and I used half the cheese, but included the rind by dicing it. We all really enjoyed it. I'm making it for the second time in two weeks. : )
My dad left a bunch of brie cheese after visiting for Christmas and I wanted to use it up so found this recipe. DH said this isn't a "man's" dish because there's no meat in it. Of course, he said it with his mouth full. He agreed it deserves five stars. Easy to make (according to him... he was the cook tonight). Very creamy and nice flavor with the basil and garlic. We did cut way back on the oil and didn't miss it. Thank you - we'll make this again!