Recipe by Tish
This is such a yummy soup that you won't hesitate to give it to guests if they come by unannounced!
Top Review by M. Joan
Hi, Tish! Your recipe is simmering on the stove as I type. It is DELICIOUS! I used Cream Sherry because I had on hand and goofed when I added all 6 tablespoons to the pan. I ended up still using 3 more tablespoons with the cornstarch. Sure didn't hurt the taste a bit. This is our first use of "Brie" and it won't be the last. Love cheese, but just haven't tried Brie before. Thanx for a great recipe!
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (mostly white part)
- 4 tablespoons shallots, diced (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 tablespoons sherry wine, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth, less salt
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 4 ounces brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions, shallots, and mushrooms in margarine for 5 minutes in a non stick skillet.
- Add 3 Tbsp sherry and chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add milk and cheese and stir until cheese is melted and soup begins to thicken.
- Combine cornstarch and remaining 3 Tbsp of sherry and stir into soup.
- Continue cooking until soup is thickened.
- Season with pepper and nutmeg.
- Taste; add salt if needed.