Recipe by jaynine
This originally came from Taste of Home magazine but I modified it slightly once I played around with a few batches. Great bite-sized appetizers or snacks. Use whatever flavor preserves you like, or use a variety. Cranberry sauce in place of the preserves also works well for holiday parties. I skipped the nuts and chives on mine just to save time and they were still delicious, but I think the nuts would add another layer of flavor that would be worth it.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves (or flavor of your choice)
- 6 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (I cut mine smaller to melt better)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Unfold puff pasty and cut into 36 squares. Gently press squares onto the bottoms of 36 miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 F for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-inch deep indentation in the center of each. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until light golden brown. With spoon handle, press down squares again.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoonful of preserves into each cup. Top with cheese, and sprinkle with nuts and chives, if using.
- Bake for 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.