Swiss raclette, the dish of gently melted cheese (also named raclette) that is served with boiled potatoes, air-dried beef, and cornichons, inspired this more accessible version that uses easy-to-find, quick-to-melt Brie. Get some thick crusty French Bread as well! NOTE: Cocktail onions, most frequently found in your martini glass, can stand on their own as a pickle. Their slight crunch and pleasant tartness make them surprisingly tasty with Brie. Food & Wine. WINE: The wines of the Loire Valley in France are frequently overlooked by serious imbibers, but its elegant cabernet-franc-based reds are often more suitable at the table than more robust cabernet sauvignons. Go for a fruity Chinon or Saumur-Champigny.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs brie cheese, rind removed
- 1 1/2 lbs tiny new potatoes or 1 1/2 lbs boiling potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs broccoli, thick stems removed, tops cut into florets (about 1 1/2 quarts)
- 1 1/2 lbs mushrooms, halved or 1 1/2 lbs mushrooms, quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cocktail onion
- 1Heat the oven to 400°. Cut the Brie into thin slices and divide the cheese among four small ovenproof dishes or ramekins.
- 2Put the potatoes in a large saucepan of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli florets to the pan and simmer until the potatoes and broccoli are tender, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the broccoli with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Drain the potatoes and, if using new potatoes, cut them in quarters when cool enough to handle.
- 3Meanwhile, toss the mushrooms with the oil and salt. Put the mushrooms on a baking sheet and roast until browned and tender, turning once, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and then turn the oven off.
- 4Put the dishes of cheese in the oven and leave until the cheese just melts, 5 to 10 minutes. Meanwhile, pile the potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, and cocktail onions on individual plates. Serve each portion of melted Brie immediately, along with the vegetables for dipping.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie Raclette
Serving Size: 1 (709 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.6
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 30.7 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 1436.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 48.7 g