1/1 Photo of Brie Pie (Tourte Au Brie)
Kelley Maillard's Note:
This is the specialty of the Dufour family at the Ferme Auberge de la Recette farm/inn in France, in the heart of brie country. We ate there one day because we'd read such good things about their brie pie. I didn't ask for the recipe because I didn't think they'd be willing to give it to me. But recently, we learned that the farm was featured on a cooking show, and they explained how to make their famous brie pie! If you are unable to find the different types of brie, using only one type will probably work, although the taste might be a little different. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The day before, combine flour, butter and a little water to make the dough for the pie crust. Refrigerate overnight (To save time, I sometimes omit this step and use a store-bought crust).
- 2Divide the dough into 2 parts, bearing in mind that the bottom crust requires more dough than the top. Roll out the dough (again, I omit this step when using a store-bought crust). Butter a pie plate or line with parchment paper, then place bottom crust in pie plate.
- 3Remove the crusts from the cheeses, then slice the cheeses. Cover the bottom of the pie crust with the cheese slices, then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4Beat 1 egg together with the liquid cream and pour over the brie slices.
- 5Cover with the top pie crust, carefully sealing the edges and cutting a few small slits in the top crust.
- 6Beat remaining egg together with a dash of salt and brush over top crust to make it golden brown during baking.
- 7Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes. Serve warm with a green salad.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie Pie (Tourte Au Brie)
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.4
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 199.7 mg
- Sodium 526.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 19.7 g