Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Rebecca Swift at allrecipes.com. VERY rich!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄3 lb brie cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup finely ground toasted pecans
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound the chicken to an even 1/2" thickness. Soften Brie in microwave. In a medium bowl combine the Brie, green onion and garlic and mix together. Spread about 1/4 cup of this mixture onto each chicken breast half. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Combine beaten egg and water in a small bowl and whisk together to make egg wash. Place toasted pecans in a shallow dish or bowl. Dip each chicken roll in egg wash, then roll through the pecans, coating on all sides.
- Heat oil in a large skillet (with an oven-safe handle) over medium high heat and cook chicken rolls until nicely browned on each side, about 15 minutes. When browned, transfer to oven and cook for an additional 15 minutes, until cooked through and chicken juices run clear.
- To make raspberry sauce, place raspberries, sugar and water in a blender. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes, then pour through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Remove cooked chicken rolls from skillet to paper towels to drain. When drained, transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with raspberry sauce. Drizzle some sauce onto the plate in a circle, and serve.