Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
*** WARNING *** The only way to make this recipe "healthy" is to drive a stake through it and leave it exposed to direct sunlight!
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened but not runny
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, cut into small cubes
- freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Cook the Pasta.
- Meanwhile in a large stainless steel bowl, mix the Butter, Egg yolk, and Cream.
- Remove the lid to the pasta pot and replace it with the bowl. (Double boiler)
- CAREFUL OF THE STEAM!
- USE A MITT TO HOLD THE BOWL WHILE STIRRING!
- Slowly stir in the Brie 'til it melts.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- When the Pasta is done, drain it and stir it into the Brie mixture.
- Garnish with chopped Parsley. Serve imediatly.
- DO NOT TELL YOUR CARDIOLAGIST THAT YOU HAVE EVEN HEARD OF THIS RECIPE!
Im not giving the recipe stars bc I sorta used your recipe as an idea. NEVER would have thought to put Brie on pasta, but it is delicious!!! All i do is just cube the brie and toss with the freshly cooked pasta. Kids love it, and so do I! No cream/no egg needed. THANK YOU for the great idea!!!
This was a delicious pasta dish...the sauce was so smooth and creamy. It was just as good the next day for lunch...
Just made this about an hour ago. We were disappointed in the taste. I would definitely try the same technique again, double boiler, for any creamy pasta sauce, it was fast and easy, but not with the brie again. Maybe another kind of cheese? The brie gave a very unpleasant taste, and I can't blame the cheese because I'm in France and used the really good stuff. May try again with camembert? Still, a great easy double boiler technique that I learned!