Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is such an easy way of baking cheese. On Sundays I usually do a Brunch and then nothing until about 3:00Pm when I serve an appetizer. This is great, It comes out perfect every time. Spread the Cheese on your crusty roll or a slice of heated baquette
- 1 small 125Gram cheese wheel
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 package Shake-n-Bake, original
- 2 crisp whole grain buns or 2 crisp baguette
- Heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Dip cheese in the milk, both sides and the edges.
- Dip in Shake& Bake, Dip twice if you have to.
- The cheese must be well coated on all sides.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place cheese on a rack in a pan (in case it leaks) or place on a piece of "Release" tin foil on a tray
- Bake for 20 min or until you can see that it has puffed.
- Put buns, (or baquette) in the oven about 10 minutes before serving wrapped in foil.
- Serve hot and smear the cheese on the hot bread
Oh my! How can sometime so easy and quick be so delicious and impressive??? We only had one kid eating at home last night and after he was tucked in bed the two of us had this for what I thought would be just a quick supper, but turned into something elegant and special. We had the baked brie along with the crustry bread with a simple salad on the side and some excelent Savignon Blanc to wash it down. No Shake and Bake so I used bread crumbs mixed with some za'atar and Hungarian paprika. If you want to plan a romantic dinner, just serve this up to your honey with some good white wine and make sure you have the candles lit!
Excellent and very quick and simple to prepare. I didn't have any "shake and bake" on hand so I used italian style bread crumbs and it was delicious