Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy lettuce and tomato sandwiches with brie replacing the bacon.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 4 ounces brie cheese, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 2 leaves leaf lettuce
- 1 tomatoes, sliced (used good, ripe, juicy tomatoes)
- Combine mayonnaise and basil and spread the mixture on one side of each bread slice.
- On 2 of the bread slices, mayo side up, layer cheese, lettuce and tomato; top with the remaining bread slices, mayo side down.
This is absolutely fantastic! I didn't have enough bacon for everyone so two of had these. I will be making them again and again! Thanks!
As a veggie I yearn to make a BLT but have found vege bacon no quite right. This is a truly winning combination, I made it with Blue Brie that was extra tasty. Gorgeous mix of flavours, a true Blue Brie L T stunning sandwich. Well Done.
A true simple pleasure. I thickly spread ripe Brie on a warm ciabatta roll, schmeared mayo liberally on the other side, then layed fresh basil on top, lettuce and a very thin slice of tomatoe. Ohhhh, I can close my eyes and still taste that winning combination. Be sure to leave the Brie out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature, allowing it to soften and release it's cheesy aroma. Jude, you have started an addiction...one I'm going to spread to as many people as I can!