Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great little appetizer for Brie lovers!Mmmm!
- 2⁄3 lb brie cheese, wedges are okay
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- hot pepper jelly
- Cut brie into one-half inch squares.
- Place on a dinner plate in the freezer while thawing pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- When pastry is thawed, unfold and roll lightly with a rolling pin to remove creases.
- Cut each sheet in fourths, then cut each forth in half.
- Cut each piece in half again to produce 16 even squares of dough per pastry sheet.
- Lightly spray mini muffin cups with vegetable oil.
- Fit a square of dough into each cup.
- The pointed edges of the dough should extend straight up.
- Place a piece of cheese in each dough lined cups.
- Top with ¼ t.hot pepper jelly.
- Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
This is positively a stellar appetizer recipe! Thanks Ridgely. I did the make-ahead-and-freeze-in- the-tart-tin thing that Darlene10 recommended and it was fast, easy, delicious and impressive - all the things you want in an appetizer. I also made a batch using seedless raspberry preserves with chopped chipotle. The color combination of the green jalapeno tarts and the red tarts was especially pretty for the holidays. They will fly off your table, even when they have cooled off.
I really liked these alot, but did change the recipe alittle, I used phyllo tarts that are made already instead of the puff pastry as I was pressed for time...they were really pretty and very very good, even when they cooled everyone kept eating them up...
These are terrific appetizers. I made them up and then froze them in the tart tins (this took a very short time) and then popped them into a container and put in the freezer. I brought them out and let them thaw in the tart tin and then baked according to instructions. They were wonderful and every bit as good as when I baked them fresh. This is my new and dazzling appetizer for this holiday season. Thank you for posting and I want to thank the person (can't remember) who gave me the advice on how to freeze them. A must try for everyone.