1/1 Photo of Brie in Puff Pastry With Cranberry Sauce
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
Yummy cheese and fresh cranberry sauce baked in a puff pastry shell--wonderful for holidays.
My Private Note
puff pa ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (1 sheet)
- 14 ounces brie cheese, round shape
- 1 egg, beaten
- assorted cracker
- sliced fresh fruit
- 1Make cranberry sauce by using first 4 ingredients. Mix cranberries, brown sugar, and orange juice in 1 quart sauce pan. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently; reduce heat.
- 2Simmer uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and cranberries are tender. Stir in orange peel and remove from heat.
- 3Melt butter in 8-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook almonds in butter, stirring frequently until golden brown.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Roll pastry into rectangle 16 x 9 inches on lightly floured surface. Cut out 1 8-1/2 inch circle and 1 7-inch circle.
- 5Place cheese on center or larger circle. Spoon cranberry sauce and almonds over cheese. Bring pastry up and press around side of cheese. Brush top edges of pastry with egg. Place the 7 inch circle on top, pressing around edges to seal. Brush top and side of pastry with egg.
- 6Cut decorations out of remaining pastry--things like hearts, stars--whatever you like, and arrange on top. Brush with egg; place on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden; cool on cookie sheet on wire rack for 30 minutes before serving. Serve with crackers and fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie in Puff Pastry With Cranberry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (938 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3392.7
- Calories from Fat 2119
- Total Fat 235.4 g
- Saturated Fat 102.7 g
- Cholesterol 638.9 mg
- Sodium 3293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 212.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 90.2 g
- Protein 113.6 g