Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Horn of the Moon by Ginny Callan
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- brie cheese
- Beat eggs, 2 teaspoons water, salt and pepper until frothy and light.
- Follow general directions for cooking an omelette.
- Lay out the herbs, tomato and cheese in that order over half of the omelette.
- Fold over omelette, add 1 teaspoon water to the pan to quicken melting process of cheese, cover and cook until just done.
Brie and herbs make for a great combination in this omelette. I used less butter and did add the tomatoes since they were in the title and directions, even if they were missing from the ingredients. The dill is really the star here. Lox would have been great with this too!
I made as a single serve and used fresh sweet basil only which I scattered on the tomato slices before adding the triple cream brie, for a delicious creamy tasting omelette with that punch from the sweet basil, thank you dicentra, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
I'm a bit confused. I don't see tomatoes in the ingredients or onions in the directions.