1/1 Photo of Brie En Croute Stuffed With Olives & Roasted Peppers
Baby Kato's Note:
My personal favourite appetizer...easy to vary fillings ...for a sweet or savoury treat from Enchanted Evenings by John Hadamuscin...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice brie in half, horizontally.
- 2Scatter the pepper and olives over the bottom half of brie and cover with top half.
- 3set aside.
- 4Roll pastry into a 12" circle.
- 5Trim the edges.
- 6Place brie in the center of pastry and lift the pastry edges to cover completely.
- 7Gather the pastry in the center and tie with kitchen string.
- 8Arrange the pastry edges attractively on top of brie.
- 9Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until needed.
- 10About 45 minutes before serving, remove plastic from brie, place on a lightly greased baking sheet and allow pastry to come to room temperature.
- 11Brush with beaten egg.
- 12Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 13Bake 30- 35 minutes.
- 14Remove and cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before you serve.
- 15To serve slice into small wedges with fruit slices, baugettes or nice crackers.
- 16-- Variations--
- 17(sun dried tomatoes in oil, asiago or pecorino romano) (prosciutto and mushrooms) (roasted chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts, apples or pears with sugar and cinnamon).
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie En Croute Stuffed With Olives & Roasted Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.4
- Calories from Fat 181
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.9 mg
- Sodium 282.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers