Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
We have been making baked Brie for years. A family standard. But then I saw this recipe on a recipe card in the background of an advertisement in Real Simple. We made it for Thanksgiving and it was the hit of the party. It is now the new family recipe! I was worried that the cherries, pecans, and honey would overpower the Brie, but I should have added more! You can substitute pie crust or even a few sheets of phyllo dough (with melted butter brushed on evenly between each sheet) for the puff pastry sheet. Don't forget the apples or crackers to spread it on. ENJOY!
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature (40 min or so, until its easy to handle).
- Heat Oven to 400°F.
- Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
- Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface.
- Roll sheet into a 14 in square.
- Stir cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a bowl.
- Spread cherry mixture onto center of square.
- Top with cheese round.
- Fold pastry sheet over cheese round and press to seal.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- Decorate top with pastry scraps as you like.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is deep golden brown.