We have been making baked Brie for years. A family standard. But then I saw this recipe on a recipe card in the background of an advertisement in Real Simple. We made it for Thanksgiving and it was the hit of the party. It is now the new family recipe! I was worried that the cherries, pecans, and honey would overpower the Brie, but I should have added more! You can substitute pie crust or even a few sheets of phyllo dough (with melted butter brushed on evenly between each sheet) for the puff pastry sheet. Don't forget the apples or crackers to spread it on. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature (40 min or so, until its easy to handle).
- 2Heat Oven to 400°F.
- 3Beat egg and water in a small bowl.
- 4Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface.
- 5Roll sheet into a 14 in square.
- 6Stir cherries, pecans, honey and rosemary in a bowl.
- 7Spread cherry mixture onto center of square.
- 8Top with cheese round.
- 9Fold pastry sheet over cheese round and press to seal.
- 10Place seam side down on baking sheet.
- 11Decorate top with pastry scraps as you like.
- 12Brush with egg mixture.
- 13Bake for 20-25 minutes or until pastry is deep golden brown.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie En Croute
Serving Size: 1 (917 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3128.3
- Calories from Fat 1999
- Total Fat 222.1 g
- Saturated Fat 92.3 g
- Cholesterol 587.1 mg
- Sodium 3050.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 186.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 74.5 g
- Protein 104.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: