Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Paula Deen. So good and super easy.
Make and share this Brie En Croute recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Saute the walnuts or pecans in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and stir until walnuts are coated well.
- Place the nut mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture.
- Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface.
- Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the brie, pressing around the brie and gather at the top.
- Gently squeeze together the excess dough and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine.
- Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie.
- Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve with crackers, sliced apples or pears.
- To give a special look, cut extra pastry into heart or flower shapes and bake until golden.
One of my favorite appetizer recipes! Thanks for posting. :-)