Aunt Willie's Note:
From Paula Deen. So good and super easy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Defrost puff pastry for approximately 15 to 20 minutes and unfold.
- 3In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 4Saute the walnuts or pecans in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cinnamon and stir until walnuts are coated well.
- 6Place the nut mixture on top of the Brie and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture.
- 7Lay the puff pastry out on a flat surface.
- 8Place the brie in the center of the pastry. Gather up the edges of the brie, pressing around the brie and gather at the top.
- 9Gently squeeze together the excess dough and tie together with a piece of kitchen twine.
- 10Brush the beaten egg over top and side of Brie.
- 11Place Brie on a cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- 12Serve with crackers, sliced apples or pears.
- 13To give a special look, cut extra pastry into heart or flower shapes and bake until golden.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brie En Croute
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.6
- Calories from Fat 474
- Total Fat 52.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 532.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 14.4 g
- Protein 20.0 g