Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A delightful appetizer.
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 8 ounces brie cheese (1 entire wheel)
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll pastry into 12” square.
- Cut 2 circles. Make one 4.5” and the other one 8.5” round. Leave a 1/4” border.
- Center Brie on large circle; place small circle on top and brush with egg. Fold
- bottom up and top down to seal the cheese inside.
- Brush again with egg and
- press almonds into sides.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown.
It%u2019s best to use a firm, fairly unripe Brie for this recipe. Freezing Brie for about 20 minutes is a trick that will keep the cheese from melting too much during baking, while still allowing it to become soft and spreadable.