This is based on a sandwich I often get at a local restaurant. It is absolutely delicious as a panini! In light of a review, I have adjusted the amount of cranberry sauce required from 6 tablespoons to 5. Please feel free to adjust this to taste.
- If using panini rolls, cut each roll in half. If using regular bread, spread the outside of each slice with butter.
- Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce each on 2 slices of bread.
- Layer the brie over the cranberry sauce.
- Top with 2 slices of bacon and the top layer of bread, remembering to keep the buttered side facing outwards.
- I use a George Foreman grill to cook the panini- press the lid down to heat the sandwich right through and cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Alternatively, cook in a skillet, pressing the sandwich firmly with a spatula while cooking.
- Serve hot!