Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is based on a sandwich I often get at a local restaurant. It is absolutely delicious as a panini! In light of a review, I have adjusted the amount of cranberry sauce required from 6 tablespoons to 5. Please feel free to adjust this to taste.
- 4 slices bread (I use 2 panini rolls but any bread will do)
- 4 slices brie cheese, 2 for each sandwich
- 5 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cooked
- butter, if using regular bread
- If using panini rolls, cut each roll in half. If using regular bread, spread the outside of each slice with butter.
- Spread 2 1/2 tablespoons of cranberry sauce each on 2 slices of bread.
- Layer the brie over the cranberry sauce.
- Top with 2 slices of bacon and the top layer of bread, remembering to keep the buttered side facing outwards.
- I use a George Foreman grill to cook the panini- press the lid down to heat the sandwich right through and cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted.
- Alternatively, cook in a skillet, pressing the sandwich firmly with a spatula while cooking.
- Serve hot!
This made a delicious lunch for us! I doubled the recipe and used 4 smallish Turkish rolls. I used 2 pieces of shortcut bacon for each roll, and divided a 125g round of Brie between the rolls. I used plenty of cranberry sauce, and toasted them in the George Foreman grill. We really loved the flavours, and they were just a nice size so even the kids enjoyed them! We will definately be having these again. I think they'd be nice with some turkey slices added as well! Made for ZWT7-Switzerland. (Vivacious Violets)
Made recipe exactly as posted, and it was well enjoyed. Madefor 1-2-3 hit wonders.
We love Bacon and Brie sandwiches and although I've often heard of adding cranberry,had never tried it. I did reduce the cranberry ratio a little (by 2 tbsp),as it seemed quite a lot to me. I used regular homemade bread and cooked it in a skillet. It worked a treat.The wonderfully melted brie melding with the cranberry and oozing over the crisp bacon.Delicious! My two year old LOVED it! Thanks for posting.Made for PRMR.