Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mmmmmm! From BHG.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) round brie cheese, rind removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans crabmeat, drained, flaked, and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons finely shredded romano cheese
- In a large saucepan cook mushrooms and onion in hot butter about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper, and salt.
- Add vegetable broth all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in milk, brie, and tomatoes.
- Cook and stir about 7 minutes more or until brie is melted.
- Stir in crab meat and heat through.
- Serve in bowls topped with parsley and Romano cheese.