Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was found on the internet at allrecipes.com. I was particularly intrigued with the use of puff pastry in it!
- 1 (8 ounce) brie round
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 0.5 (17 1/2 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg white
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Slice the wheel of Brie chees in half so there are 2 circles of cheese.
- Spread apricot (or peach) preserves on the cut side of one Brie wheel, then make a sandwich out of the two halves, with the preserves in the middle.
- Wrap the entire wheel of Brie with one sheet of puffed pastry & fturn it seam side down onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Brush the puffed pastry with the egg white.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown, then serve immediately.
This was realy yummy and looked like a fancy appetizer. The cheese got gooey and oozed out of the pastry a little but not tooo bad. The creaminess of the cheese with the sweet preserves and buttery pastry was a great combo! Served with sliced french bread that I drizzled with olive oil and toasted in the oven. Made for Newest Zaar Tag.